Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
18. Aug 2017 at 22:55
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Authentication popup = "PixelFreezer" (Read 2734 times)
bob_32_116
Topic Starter Topic Starter
I'll get me cloak!

Authentication popup = "PixelFreezer"
14. Feb 2012 at 08:54

Lately when I go to PTF I get a popup dialogue box asking for a username and password. The box says:  
Quote:
A username and password are being requested by http://jmbcs.co.uk. The site says: "PixelFreezer Client Preview Server. Authorized Users Only."

I have simply been closing the box and cancelling the login. Doing this does not seem to affect my  ability to log in to the forum. Is this legitimate, or some kind of attempted security breach?

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

I'm in command!! :-)

Re: Authentication popup = "PixelFreezer"
Reply #1 - 14. Feb 2012 at 10:11

Quote from bob_32_116 on 14. Feb 2012 at 08:54:
Lately when I go to PTF I get a popup dialogue box asking for a username and password. The box says:
Quote:
A username and password are being requested by http://jmbcs.co.uk. The site says: "PixelFreezer Client Preview Server. Authorized Users Only."

I have simply been closing the box and cancelling the login. Doing this does not seem to affect my ability to log in to the forum. Is this legitimate, or some kind of attempted security breach?

Hi Bob,

I've spoken with Mr Labcoat about this. PixelFreezer are the web design and hosting company where Mr Labcoat works! They are handling the change over and hosting the new PTF 2.0. You shouldn't be seeing that message coming here as this forum is on a completely different server and has nothing to do with PixelFreezer!

Can you let us know when you first noticed this happening? That might help to track down the cause.

This is very strange, but rest assured it is nothing malicious and nothing to worry about, just keep cancelling the login. We are continuing to investigate this.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

Reply #2 - 14. Feb 2012 at 10:58

Hopefully we've fixed the issue. There was an old, dead link to a page counter on another domain that PixelFreezer now host on the forum intro page that was causing this issue. The link has been removed, so this shouldn't happen again.

bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #3 - 14. Feb 2012 at 18:37

It's still happening. I believe it started about 2 or 3 days ago.

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

Reply #4 - 14. Feb 2012 at 18:41

Quote from bob_32_116 on 14. Feb 2012 at 18:37:
It's still happening. I believe it started about 2 or 3 days ago.

There is a new version of the page on the server that fixes this issue. When the forum landing page loads hit the refresh button to reload the page, you're probably seeing the page in your browsers cache.

bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #5 - 14. Feb 2012 at 20:57

Oh OK. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print