Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
24. Jun 2017 at 02:47
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best venue to see GFD in Europe (Read 747 times)
media_circus
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Junior

Best venue to see GFD in Europe
22. Jan 2012 at 13:50

Hi All,

Greeting from the UK.

Saw the gig at Shepherd's Bush and have re-booked for May. I fancy doing one of the european gigs.

Anybody know what venue would best to go to, and to spend 3 days in the same place? And what disabled acces is like at venues etc? Hotel costs etc?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile   IP Logged
dfbuem
PTF Junior

Re: Best venue to see GFD in Europe
Reply #1 - 22. Jan 2012 at 16:42

Quote from media_circus on 22. Jan 2012 at 13:50:

Anybody know what venue would best to go to,

From the choice you have on the second leg, I've been to SBE (SW), 013 in Tilburg (Riverside) and Ancienne Belgique in Brussels (PT) so far.  
AB was good, but nothing special. 013 was really awesome (as you can see on Anesthetize). One of the best venues I've ever been to. Good sight from everywhere because of the steps. Picture.

Quote:
and to spend 3 days in the same place?

Hm, Tilburg is not the place where you want to spend three days. But Amsterdam is not that far and definitely worth a longer visit.

Quote:
And what disabled acces is like at venues etc?

Can't say anything about Brussels, but at 013 I've seen wheelchair drivers. If you look at the picture it doesn't make the impression of a good accessibility, but the wheelchair drivers had a quite comfortable place with good sight where the orange lights are.

Quote:
Hotel costs etc?

Can't give you any useful advice on this. I mostly stay at Ibis which costs pretty much the same anywhere.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print