Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
21. Aug 2017 at 16:57
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does Steven Wilson think Pearl Jam is crap? (Read 11341 times)
spiritualarchitect
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Newbie

... when the Earth
will be at peace
once again

Re: Does Steven Wilson think Pearl Jam is crap?
Reply #25 - 20. Jan 2012 at 00:33

Thanks for the comments. Wherever I look on the web for this the opinions are divided. It seems he does not like grunge though. If he has Radiohead on his playlist then he must like them.

We are about to return from whence we came
View Profile   IP Logged
PeppermanL2K
PTF Junior

Reply #26 - 20. Jan 2012 at 05:26

OK, I'll say it... Pearl Jam are INDEED crap. Decent enough musicians, but Eddie Vedder can't. sing. Period. The most pretentious, annoying vocal twaddle EVAR... There...  Wink  Grin

Email View Profile   IP Logged
fanboy135
PTF Junior

Reply #27 - 20. Jan 2012 at 08:26

i don´t think so. i read in another forum that someone watched pearl jam at a festival a few years ago and steven wilson was beside him Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Tree_Frog
yhW?

Reply #28 - 23. Jan 2012 at 17:37

I think it is No Twilight in the Courts of the Sun that heavily sounds like the guitars from Temple of the Dog/Pearl Jam ten.

If you are into that music, I'm sure you would know what I mean.  Very grungy and definitely reminds me of that era of Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog.

There is one or two off the bonus disc that heavily sound like God Lives Underwater (90s industrial band).

View Profile   IP Logged
loucap81
PTF Junior

Reply #29 - 24. Jan 2012 at 03:54

Quote from PeppermanL2K on 20. Jan 2012 at 05:26:
OK, I'll say it... Pearl Jam are INDEED crap. Decent enough musicians, but Eddie Vedder can't. sing. Period. The most pretentious, annoying vocal twaddle EVAR... There...  Wink  Grin

I don't think they're crap but they're MASSIVELY overrated. I don't get what's so great about them, they're just another rock band as far as I'm concerned.

View Profile   IP Logged
loucap81
PTF Junior

Reply #30 - 24. Jan 2012 at 03:58

Quote from Tree_Frog on 23. Jan 2012 at 17:37:
I think it is No Twilight in the Courts of the Sun that heavily sounds like the guitars from Temple of the Dog/Pearl Jam ten.

If you are into that music, I'm sure you would know what I mean.  Very grungy and definitely reminds me of that era of Pearl Jam/Temple of the Dog.

There is one or two off the bonus disc that heavily sound like God Lives Underwater (90s industrial band).

Wow I'm not the only one here who's heard of GLU. I remember buying "Empty" and their first EP when I was 15 years old. Both of those records had some catchy songs on them.

View Profile   IP Logged
fanboy135
PTF Junior

Reply #31 - 26. Jan 2012 at 08:07

eddie vedder can´t sing  Shocked

he has got one of the emotionalest voice on this planet  Smiley
beside this the band is def. one of the best live bands. albums are ok, but live they are breathtaking  Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print