Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
18. Aug 2017 at 17:10
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Continuum Recyclings II - other formats? (Read 1268 times)
grace4drowning
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Full Member

away with stalkers!

Continuum Recyclings II - other formats?
10. Jan 2012 at 21:09

I have CR II, mostly for the awesome cover because i do not even own a turntable.

As I am quite curious about the music itself I was wondering if anyone managed to make them into MP3s

View Profile   IP Logged
Simon
Global Moderator

Re: Continuum Recyclings II - other formats?
Reply #1 - 11. Jan 2012 at 08:24

Quote from grace4drowning on 10. Jan 2012 at 21:09:
I have CR II, mostly for the awesome cover because i do not even own a turntable.

As I am quite curious about the music itself I was wondering if anyone managed to make them into MP3s

This forum isn't the place to request for mp3's of officially released PT/solo/related material.  

Carbon Nation - The Independent Porcupine Tree magazine. CN10 out now! www.carbon-nation.co.uk
View Profile WWW carbon_nation   IP Logged
grace4drowning
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Full Member

away with stalkers!

Reply #2 - 11. Jan 2012 at 22:55

Hmm shame. Request was harmless but so be it

View Profile   IP Logged
TAKO
PTF Senior

Reply #3 - 06. Feb 2012 at 23:03

I recently ripped mine, what if I were to ask grace4drowning for a photograph of his LP with 2 or 3 common household articles arranged in a specific way to verify he actually owns the record before I see if I can get the files to him? Would that be OK Simon?

It would be sad if he had to miss out on music he allready payed for because he cannot play the format.

View Profile   IP Logged
SpectreofDeath
PTF God

Reply #4 - 06. Feb 2012 at 23:21

Quote from TAKO on 06. Feb 2012 at 23:03:

That's why I stopped being the uber anal SW collector that I was a few years back. Too many formats, too few editions of many of them (going back several yrs before he and PT had cultivated their global recognition) and I honestly i started to feel bad taking away vinyl copies of something I was never going to bother with playing because of the expense of the audio components. Seemed a bit selfish of me to be honest. I get why people want to collect all his output, but I finally realized my budget just can't handle buying 1 or 2 of everything SW/PT put out these days... still have a few things that I didn't unload (yes I did make a profit before anyone says anything), but I am almost 100% certain I will never buy a nice turntable as I rarely sit and.listen to music enough to appreciate it in that way, so a cdr or.burnt stuff like BC RII has to do since BC rec 2 is a difficult listen in the car anyway. sad commentary I suppose, but life is.busy with work, kids in high school, g/f her kids etc etc If I listen to anything these days its in the car... wow I sound f**king old as dirt suddenly.

View Profile   IP Logged
TAKO
PTF Senior

Reply #5 - 07. Feb 2012 at 00:02

Quote from SpectreofDeath on 06. Feb 2012 at 23:21:
sad commentary I suppose, but life is.busy with work, kids in high school, g/f her kids etc etc If I listen to anything these days its in the car... wow I sound f**king old as dirt suddenly.

Nothing sad about getting older, I am in exactly the opposite position: No children, no house, no car, no obligations of any kind, and I still feel old as the F****** stars at times.  

You could have been anything
There is no end no beginning
There is only constant
These are not angels
These are hovering flies
Where has the time gone
It has flown away
It seems like only yesterday
We are alone with walnut Mary
Crows feet for monkey mouth
Cold wilderness as old as the hills
When I fade and when you fade
many many moons ago
A lifetime of sundays
The hands tick as i grow claws
Wooden pegs for old three-legs
There are only the walls left to talk to...

(Playing in the background as I type, seems appropriate somehow Wink)

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print