Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
20. Aug 2017 at 16:24
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ripping GfD Bluray 2ch audio? (Read 1453 times)
theprimogenitor
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Newbie

Ripping GfD Bluray 2ch audio?
02. Oct 2011 at 15:29

Hey there, hope some of you more technical folk can help me out on this one...

I received my copy of the GfD deluxe set (and just had it signed too Grin ). The CDs are fine but I do have a good 2ch HiFi and have the ability to replay high resolution files. The Bluray does have a 2ch 'hires' file on the disc along with the 5.1.
I'd like the ability to play this streamed from HDD rather than in the BD drive.

So far I have been able to use DVDFab to rip the 2ch only track to HDD but this is only available in a .RAW form rather than a standard .WAV or FLAC. I've found what I think is a capable converter to understand .RAW in the way of Toolsoft (DBPoweramp doesn't understand from what I can tell Sad ).

Because of what I've read, there's no tags on .RAW to define what the actual bit depth or sampling rate is. Does anyone know what the figures are so I can make a more accurate conversion?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sorry mods - could you please get this moved to Gadget Corner?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
pulse
PTF Full Member
I've Donated!

collapse the light
into earth...

Re: Ripping GfD Bluray 2ch audio?
Reply #1 - 02. Oct 2011 at 19:19

Try eac3to...

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/eac3to  

You'll have to read on how to run it from CMD by using batch commands. This might seem difficult at first, but there are wiki guides that are fairly straight forward. There is also a forum dedicated to it here. If that is too much, there is a GUI specifically for Blu-ray on the eac3to project page. I've never used it, so I can't say how well it works. Anyway, this is a powerful program for bitperfect extraction and conversion of the LPCM 24bit tracks to Flac24. You can also archive the high resolution surround channel formats. You do not have to use eac3to to extract and demux the files. If it is easier to rip to raw with DVDfab, you can just use eac3to to demux the raw files to get the LPCM and output to Flac24. eac3to is essentially a demuxer and encoder and I am pretty sure it handles raw. eac3to is my main tool for archiving high resolution LPCM to Flac24. Hope this helps...

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." -- Tyrion Lannister, George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
theprimogenitor
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Newbie

Re: Ripping GfD Bluray 2ch audio?
Reply #2 - 03. Oct 2011 at 00:23

Sweet! Thanks very much for the info.

I'll check it out as soon as I can but unfortunately it's bedtime and working tomorrow... Sad

Cheers

Dave

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print