Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
23. Jun 2017 at 13:04
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
getting directed to another site at login (Read 1437 times)
bob_32_116
Topic Starter Topic Starter
I'll get me cloak!

getting directed to another site at login
03. Aug 2011 at 19:16

A short time ago, I tried to log in to PTF and instead got directed to a web site called www.doteasy or something like that.  
Moreover, when I returned to the original entry page and clicked on the link to email Mr Labcoat, I composed an email describing what had happened, and my email was returned.

Right now, obviously, I logged in with no problems. Was there a temporary glitch, or is it possible the site has been hacked?

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

I'm in command!! :-)

Re: getting directed to another site at login
Reply #1 - 03. Aug 2011 at 19:31

We have implanted a new system to help prevent spam on the forum. Anybody attempting to access the PTF from an IP address that has been used by spammers or botnets etc will be presented with a CAPTCHA before being forwarded to the PTF. Because of this, you may be forwarded to CloudFlare.com. Was that the URL you were sent to?

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #2 - 04. Aug 2011 at 06:31

Quote from PTF Admin on 03. Aug 2011 at 19:31:
We have implanted a new system to help prevent spam on the forum. Anybody attempting to access the PTF from an IP address that has been used by spammers or botnets etc will be presented with a CAPTCHA before being forwarded to the PTF. Because of this, you may be forwarded to CloudFlare.com. Was that the URL you were sent to?

No, it wasn't. It was www.doteasy.com, and it looked like a domain hosting service. I did not get a CAPTCHA.

I tried several times in the course of a minute, both logging in the usual way and by trying to follow links from PTF pages that were still in my cache (so those links should have been valid). I thought maybe you hadn't paid your server bills, but the page did not say "The domain you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable" or anything like that, it just looked like the home "Welcome" page of a hosting service.

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

Reply #3 - 04. Aug 2011 at 09:40

I don't know what happened there then. I've checked the server, looked at the log files and there is nothing strange or out of place and no reference to doteasy.com anywhere in the logs...

bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #4 - 16. Aug 2011 at 14:54

Since I posted about this, I have not encountered doteasy again. However I have been directed to CloudFlare a number of times. And I am not a bot.  Angry

Typically it happens when I have been on the forum and then browsed elsewhere before using the Back button to return, then it happens when I try to refresh the page or follow a link to another PTF page. Invariably, nothing I do at that stage lets me access the forum, but generally if I wait a few minutes and try again I can get in.

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

Reply #5 - 16. Aug 2011 at 15:17

Quote from bob_32_116 on 16. Aug 2011 at 14:54:
Since I posted about this, I have not encountered doteasy again. However I have been directed to CloudFlare a number of times. And I am not a bot. Angry

Typically it happens when I have been on the forum and then browsed elsewhere before using the Back button to return, then it happens when I try to refresh the page or follow a link to another PTF page. Invariably, nothing I do at that stage lets me access the forum, but generally if I wait a few minutes and try again I can get in.

When you were forwarded to CloudFlare, were you presented with a CAPTCHA? Did you pass it?

bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #6 - 18. Aug 2011 at 15:31

Quote from PTF Admin on 16. Aug 2011 at 15:17:
Quote from bob_32_116 on 16. Aug 2011 at 14:54:
Since I posted about this, I have not encountered doteasy again. However I have been directed to CloudFlare a number of times. And I am not a bot. Angry

When you were forwarded to CloudFlare, were you presented with a CAPTCHA? Did you pass it?

Next time it happens, I'll take a screenshot.

I did not get a CAPTCHA. From memory, I think I saw an image frame containing the sort of message you see when there is a link supposedly to an image but the image isn't there. there was certainly nothing that gave me any indication of how to get past the CloudFlare page.

View Profile   IP Logged
PTF Admin
PTF Administrator

Reply #7 - 18. Aug 2011 at 15:53

Quote from bob_32_116 on 18. Aug 2011 at 15:31:
I did not get a CAPTCHA. From memory, I think I saw an image frame containing the sort of message you see when there is a link supposedly to an image but the image isn't there. there was certainly nothing that gave me any indication of how to get past the CloudFlare page.

The CloudFlare page should have looked something like this:

http://anti-virus.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/anti-virus-challenge?h=3130303737372e63 6f6d&x=86b766b611b1bb23c77bf06e8234633d

The above link is an example but it's along the same lines as what you should have seen.

I'm not sure what the image frame was all about. A screen shot if it happens again would be most useful!

bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #8 - 19. Aug 2011 at 11:07

That's not what I got. There was no CAPTCHA.

View Profile   IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #9 - 07. Dec 2011 at 15:11

Over the last 2 weeks or so I have been frequently getting a "web site offline, no cached version available" page signed CloudFlare, instead of getting into the forum. Is the forum having issues?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print