Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
29. Jun 2017 at 10:11
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The next PT tour? (Read 11539 times)
NightCreeper
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF God

do work

The next PT tour?
21. Jun 2011 at 18:27

This is very very very pre-mature and I wouldn't take this as a guarantee. So let's not blow things out of proportion.

However, Gavin posted on the Modern Drummer forum the following:

Quote:
"I don't think I'll be performing in the UK again until next year with PT."

I would assume Fall 2012 if they do tour next year; with an album out around the same time. I honestly wasn't expecting a PT tour until 2013; so we'll see!

View Profile   IP Logged
Hawklord
PTF God
I've Donated!

Space is the place
for the human race

Re: The next PT tour?
Reply #1 - 21. Jun 2011 at 18:40

Quote from NightCreeper on 21. Jun 2011 at 18:27:
This is very very very pre-mature and I wouldn't take this as a guarantee. So let's not blow things out of proportion.

However, Gavin posted on the Modern Drummer forum the following:

Quote:
"I don't think I'll be performing in the UK again until next year with PT."

I would assume Fall 2012 if they do tour next year; with an album out around the same time. I honestly wasn't expecting a PT tour until 2013; so we'll see!

Actually I think your right since you did not give an actual time of the season for the tour.

they finished 2010 with those 2 major shows in NYC and London. He did the Blackfield III album and tour  he is going to release his 2nd album in 2011  and since I have heard that there will be no tour to support his new solo album  then that leaves the rest of the time to get some New ideas for PT songs and start writing and recording.

I will say that knowing the time schedule for releasing new albums and touring it will be either fall or spring 2012. I can see that   Thats not jumping the gun that is a realisitic time frame now that does not mean that the band will follow that but also knowing that  Record labels they don't like a band to wait to long in releasing new stuff if there good  and there is a buzz about them Cool

Born to Raise hell. and enjoy every minute of it

Hawklord

View Profile   IP Logged
4ctmam
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #2 - 21. Jun 2011 at 19:54

Quote from Hawklord on 21. Jun 2011 at 18:40:

they finished 2010 with those 2 major shows in NYC and London. He did the Blackfield III album and tour  he is going to release his 2nd album in 2011  and since I have heard that there will be no tour to support his new solo album  then that leaves the rest of the time to get some New ideas for PT songs and start writing and recording.

Don't forget about Storm Corrosion.

View Profile wp____ www.myspace.com/lavenderpoland   IP Logged
Shadowfax
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #3 - 21. Jun 2011 at 22:11

Late 2012 for the next album is always kinda what I was expecting, and then I figured the tour would be either Fall 2012 or Spring 2013.  

I imagine they'll start writing late this year or maybe early next year.

View Profile Shadowfax 4007574 shadowfax_04 Shadowfax 04   IP Logged
Hawklord
PTF God
I've Donated!

Space is the place
for the human race

Reply #4 - 21. Jun 2011 at 22:21

Quote from 4ctmam on 21. Jun 2011 at 19:54:
Quote from Hawklord on 21. Jun 2011 at 18:40:

they finished 2010 with those 2 major shows in NYC and London. He did the Blackfield III album and tour he is going to release his 2nd album in 2011 and since I have heard that there will be no tour to support his new solo album then that leaves the rest of the time to get some New ideas for PT songs and start writing and recording.

Don't forget about Storm Corrosion.

Yes thanks for reminding me I did forget about Strom Corrosion (Doh embarrassed) As Homer Simpson would say)

Born to Raise hell. and enjoy every minute of it

Hawklord

View Profile   IP Logged
3cats
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01. Jul 2011 at 10:18

Hmmm this sounds good, but I hope that they don't feel under pressure from the label or whoever just to churn out new material just for the sake of keeping up the momentum as that could be prejudicial to quality  undecided

IP Logged
loucap81
PTF Junior

Reply #6 - 01. Jul 2011 at 19:47

What's the longest PT have ever gone without touring, a year and a half? So I think Fall 2012 (which would put it right up against two years) is realistic. SW released Insurgentes in Feb. 2009 and they were on the road with a new album by Sept. 2009. So Fall 2012 would be a solid year's time to put out an album and prepare to hit the road again.

View Profile   IP Logged
eatingalison
PTF God
I've Donated!

Reply #7 - 01. Nov 2011 at 08:08

I am reliably informed that PT will be back in the studio in January 2012  Cheesy

I planned to change the world but I couldn't find a babysitter...
Email View Profile eatingalison   IP Logged
NightCreeper
PTF God

do work

Reply #8 - 02. Nov 2011 at 17:16

Quote from eatingalison on 01. Nov 2011 at 08:08:
I am reliably informed that PT will be back in the studio in January 2012  Cheesy

Yup, and both Gavin and John Wesley have confirmed that they will be on tour with PT next year.

I love all the side projects, but nothing is better than PT and I cannot wait for some new material and the tour!

View Profile   IP Logged
MuzaKWaHFreaK
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #9 - 03. Nov 2011 at 05:37

Quote from NightCreeper on 02. Nov 2011 at 17:16:
Quote from eatingalison on 01. Nov 2011 at 08:08:

Yup, and both Gavin and John Wesley have confirmed that they will be on tour with PT next year.

I love all the side projects, but nothing is better than PT and I cannot wait for some new material and the tour!

Awesome!

View Profile signify2metanoia   IP Logged
clouds41
PTF Senior
I've Donated!

Reply #10 - 03. Nov 2011 at 19:40

Quote from NightCreeper on 02. Nov 2011 at 17:16:

Before Grace for Drowning I would have agreed 100%; now I still agree, just not as much. I mean I love PT, very much, but Steven on his own is just fine. My only wish is for more writting by Colin, Richard, and Gavin...maybe even Wes.  Smiley

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Ian_D
PTF Junior

Reply #11 - 04. Nov 2011 at 07:05

Q: When will you come to Hungary? Cheesy
anyway thank you for your great music it helped me countless times.
 A: I hope next year when I am on tour with Porcupine Tree, keep an eye out for us!

So said John Wesley in reply to a fans question on his site on Oct 26th!

View Profile   IP Logged
Scots Pine
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

The sly moves
sideways...

Reply #12 - 04. Nov 2011 at 09:07

Quote from Ian_D on 04. Nov 2011 at 07:05:
A: I hope next year when I am on tour with Porcupine Tree, keep an eye out for us!

Best post of the year!

The new Apple gadget for women - The iRon...
View Profile Scots Pine scots_pine   IP Logged
xylem1
PTF God

Open the pod bay
doors, Hal.

Reply #13 - 05. Nov 2011 at 01:46

Quote from clouds41 on 03. Nov 2011 at 19:40:
My only wish is for more writting by Colin, Richard, and Gavin...maybe even Wes.

Yes please. Steven has his solo project now and it's really taken off. Surely the other guys can start getting in on the act now?

http://excavationsofsound.blogspot.com/
Prog/metal/ambient reviews
Email View Profile WWW xylem89   IP Logged
pinktree1
PTF Full Member

Reply #14 - 12. Nov 2011 at 08:48

View Profile   IP Logged
Et in Arcadia Ego
PTF God

Les fleurs du mal

Reply #15 - 12. Nov 2011 at 09:00

To make matters worse, this is in complete correlation with what enjay said about him meeting with SW at the music store performance in this thread: http://www.porcupinetreeforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1316664705/75#75

I'm seriously scared now.

I'm a postmodern vegetarian - I eat meat ironically.
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Simon
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - 12. Nov 2011 at 11:22

Not true - see my post elsewhere about this.

Carbon Nation - The Independent Porcupine Tree magazine. CN10 out now! www.carbon-nation.co.uk
View Profile WWW carbon_nation   IP Logged
loucap81
PTF Junior

Reply #17 - 12. Nov 2011 at 15:25

From the same website, posted today:

Quote:
UPDATE, 11/12, 9:00 a.m.: Leff contacted Gun Shy Assassin last night and said he was referring to the band’s new album when he was talking in the VIP section, not the band itself, and that “PT is NOT breaking up, and the band’s future is NOT in doubt.”

I don't understand how a potential new album could be in serious doubt, but the band's future not be in doubt. They've never toured without new material and I don't think SW would allow it now. Nor do I think the fans want them to tour without new material.

View Profile   IP Logged
Et in Arcadia Ego
PTF God

Les fleurs du mal

Reply #18 - 12. Nov 2011 at 20:03

Quote from loucap81 on 12. Nov 2011 at 15:25:
From the same website, posted today:

Quote:
UPDATE, 11/12, 9:00 a.m.: Leff contacted Gun Shy Assassin last night and said he was referring to the band’s new album when he was talking in the VIP section, not the band itself, and that “PT is NOT breaking up, and the band’s future is NOT in doubt.”

I don't understand how a potential new album could be in serious doubt, but the band's future not be in doubt. They've never toured without new material and I don't think SW would allow it now. Nor do I think the fans want them to tour without new material.

I agree, it does sound even more confusing now. Although, I think this is just misconception going further, there surely will be a new album.

I'm a postmodern vegetarian - I eat meat ironically.
Email View Profile   IP Logged
dfbuem
PTF Junior

Reply #19 - 13. Nov 2011 at 09:56

Quote from Simon on 12. Nov 2011 at 11:22:
Not true - see my post elsewhere about this.

Where is this elsewhere???
I've read this thread about the possible split yesterday, but now it has vanished.
Why???

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #20 - 13. Nov 2011 at 21:30

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
My words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout!
View Profile   IP Logged
RandalG
PTF God
I've Donated!

Reply #21 - 20. Nov 2011 at 00:43

This would be sad news if true. Stranger things have happened though. I think I'll wait for the official announcement though.

" The product is sold the memory fades...."
Email View Profile illuminator1   IP Logged
delta_zero
PTF Junior

Reply #22 - 20. Nov 2011 at 06:53

SW just did an interview like, not even a week ago, where he said he was really enjoying himself on this solo tour, and that he was planning on doing a 2nd leg of it. He said in early 2012 PT would get back together to start discussing the next record. Pretty sure the original plan all along was to spend 2011 on his solo album and Blackfield, and then early next year begin work on the new PT album. It might get a slightly later start, but it seems like we're on target for what he's been saying for the past 2 years.

View Profile   IP Logged
NightCreeper
PTF God

do work

Reply #23 - 20. Nov 2011 at 19:09

Quote from delta_zero on 20. Nov 2011 at 06:53:
SW just did an interview like, not even a week ago, where he said he was really enjoying himself on this solo tour, and that he was planning on doing a 2nd leg of it. He said in early 2012 PT would get back together to start discussing the next record. Pretty sure the original plan all along was to spend 2011 on his solo album and Blackfield, and then early next year begin work on the new PT album. It might get a slightly later start, but it seems like we're on target for what he's been saying for the past 2 years.

Yup and now that Nick Beggs has officially confirmed they'll be on tour again in April via facebook; that gives PT the first 3 months of the year to get together. So far on track.

View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #24 - 27. Nov 2011 at 21:30

Quote from NightCreeper on 20. Nov 2011 at 19:09:
Quote from delta_zero on 20. Nov 2011 at 06:53:

Yup and now that Nick Beggs has officially confirmed they'll be on tour again in April via facebook; that gives PT the first 3 months of the year to get together. So far on track.

Has PT became a side project now?   Huh

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
My words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout!
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print