Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
27. Jun 2017 at 13:06
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Porcupine Tree in 5.1 format (DVD audio or BluRay) (Read 6218 times)
Ozric
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Newbie

Porcupine Tree in 5.1 format (DVD audio or BluRay)
12. Jun 2011 at 17:47

First, I apologize if this topic has already been discussed. I'm a new member and I've searched the forums but could not find any threads directly addressing my question. I stumbled across Porcupine Tree about a year-and-a-half ago and I'm now a huge fan (also saw Blackfield in Montreal last month... the day Steven's father sadly passed away).

I'm in the process of gearing up for 5.1 audio in my living room. I've got Stupid Dreams and Insurgentes in DVD audio format, but would really like to get In Absentia, Fear of a Blank Planet, Deadwing, and The Incident. Any 5.1 releases of these all appear to be out-of-print.

Does anybody know if they plan to re-release any of these classics in 5.1 BluRay? If yes, then I'll wait for them. Otherwise I'll hit eBay.

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Re: Porcupine Tree in 5.1 format (DVD audio or Blu
Reply #1 - 12. Jun 2011 at 19:02

Replying to my own post... it does appear that Burning Shed has The Incident and Fear of a Blank Planet in dvd a:
http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/

Still looking for Deadwing and In Absentia...

View Profile   IP Logged
NightCreeper
PTF God

do work

Reply #2 - 12. Jun 2011 at 20:03

Steven made a comment on Facebook that they would like to re-release In Absentia and Deadwing in 5.1, but most likely in Blu Ray he said. His new solo album in 5.1 is being released on Blu-Ray, so based on that news I would say all future PT 5.1 releases will be on Blu-Ray disc.

View Profile   IP Logged
antithema
PTF God

I wish I didn't know
now what I never
knew then

Reply #3 - 12. Jun 2011 at 21:57

Yes In Absentia & Deadwing are sold out but both discs are included at the Japanese mini lp CD issues. You can easily find them on eBay at decent prices. The last 2 can be easily found on Burning shed pretty cheap.

« Last Edit: 13. Jun 2011 at 19:18 by antithema »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #4 - 13. Jun 2011 at 03:20

Thanks for the info! I'll look for the Japanese mini-LP sets on eBay.  Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
pete_morgan
yhW?

Reply #5 - 02. Jul 2011 at 13:42

Quote from antithema on 12. Jun 2011 at 21:57:
Yes In Absentia & Deadwing are sold out but both discs are included at the Japanese mini lp CD issues. You can easily find them on eBay at decent prices. The last 2 can be easily found on Burning shed pretty cheap.

We have a very limited number of Deadwing on the PT Store http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/

View Profile   IP Logged
mixtaped
yhW?

Reply #6 - 02. Jul 2011 at 15:10

Quote from pete_morgan on 02. Jul 2011 at 13:42:
We have a very limited number of Deadwing on the PT Store http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/

Thank you, Pete! I've been looking for the Deadwing SE for a while, but don't wanted to buy for too high prices.

On topic: I'd also recommend the Japanese mini LP reissues if you don't have the album yet and are looking for the DVD-A version, too. Very nice.

« Last Edit: 02. Jul 2011 at 17:03 by mixtaped »  
View Profile   IP Logged
patrick
PTF Newbie

Reply #7 - 11. Jul 2011 at 19:55

Hello. Whilst I do have all of the Japan Mini Sleeve CD/DVD-A sets, and am very happy with them, I was surprised that the DVD-A's were the regular UK issued discs, not Japanese produced discs. I was looking forward to the higher qualkity sound usually found with the Japanese product. Thanks.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #8 - 22. Jul 2011 at 18:10

Quote from NightCreeper on 12. Jun 2011 at 20:03:
Steven made a comment on Facebook that they would like to re-release In Absentia and Deadwing in 5.1, but most likely in Blu Ray he said. His new solo album in 5.1 is being released on Blu-Ray, so based on that news I would say all future PT 5.1 releases will be on Blu-Ray disc.

I know it won't happen, but I would love a DVD-A release of GfD.

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
My words but a whisper -- your deafness a shout!
View Profile   IP Logged
rusinurbe
PTF Junior

Reply #9 - 14. Aug 2011 at 11:51

Quote from brian_sever34 on 22. Jul 2011 at 18:10:

+1 that

View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #10 - 14. Aug 2011 at 15:41

Quote from rusinurbe on 14. Aug 2011 at 11:51:
Quote from brian_sever34 on 22. Jul 2011 at 18:10:

+1 that

I  came across this today. Nothing new here, but related to the subject.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/steve-wilson-compressed-audio

View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #11 - 20. Aug 2011 at 02:56

I noticed that amazon.com is selling PT In Absentia DVD-Audio (DTS) for $19. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com (as opposed to a reseller). Price seems unusually low for an out-of-print item; my spider senses are tingling. I ordered a copy but I'm half-expecting to get a notification in the next few weeks that the item is indefinitely back-ordered. Will report back either way.

View Profile   IP Logged
NightCreeper
PTF God

do work

Reply #12 - 20. Aug 2011 at 05:49

Quote from Ozric on 20. Aug 2011 at 02:56:
I noticed that amazon.com is selling PT In Absentia DVD-Audio (DTS) for $19. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com (as opposed to a reseller). Price seems unusually low for an out-of-print item; my spider senses are tingling. I ordered a copy but I'm half-expecting to get a notification in the next few weeks that the item is indefinitely back-ordered. Will report back either way.

Not sure if it said it when you ordered, but currently it says 'ships in 1 to 2 months'. I doubt it's a reprint; but assuming it's legit, it's possible they came across a stock somewhere in one of their warehouses or maybe a distributor is sending them some leftovers.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #13 - 20. Aug 2011 at 08:35

It said "ships in 1-3 weeks" when I ordered it, but yes... as of now it's listing 1-2 months.

View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #14 - 20. Aug 2011 at 15:09

Quote from Ozric on 20. Aug 2011 at 08:35:
It said "ships in 1-3 weeks" when I ordered it, but yes... as of now it's listing 1-2 months.

My past experience with Amazon.com has been that they shipped earlier than the stated day.

View Profile   IP Logged
rs-fan1995
yhW?

Reply #15 - 15. Sep 2011 at 15:31

Hey everybody!

I hope it's to ask here since I don't want to open a new thread for my question...
I'm just discovering the world of DVD Audio and BluRay and just bought my first BluRay Player for the upcoming Grace For Drowning Record. Wink I've listened to the DVD Mixes of Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet, Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun and Insurgentes... All these DVDs were part of the Box Editions or Re-Releases they released so not from the Standalone DVD-A Versions... Now I'm searching for a DVD Version of In Abesentia and Incident... I know that there are DVD-A Versions who are certain rare (at least In Absentia) but thats not the case... Is it possible to listen to these DVD-A Versions through my standard DVD Player? I don't have a DVD Audio Player just a standard one... I hope you can help me...

Cheers!

My first musicial project: https://www.facebook.com/pages/emptymaze/200974626593878
Any feedback is welcome!
View Profile   IP Logged
Simon_LDT
PTF Senior

Reply #16 - 15. Sep 2011 at 17:09

You can play them in a normal payer, but you won't be able to play the lossless 'MLP' encoded tracks, just DTS and/or DD.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #17 - 08. Oct 2011 at 22:13

Quote from Ozric on 20. Aug 2011 at 02:56:

I'm reporting back to close the loop on this. After some considerable time, amazon.com eventually cancelled this order, indicating that they could not obtain the item. I knew it was too good to be true!

View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #18 - 09. Oct 2011 at 01:39

I don't want to add another disillusion to you but what about these marketplace sellers?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00016POFE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid =1318120523&sr=8-2-spell&condition=new

View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #19 - 11. Oct 2011 at 11:22

Quote from brian_sever34 on 09. Oct 2011 at 01:39:
I don't want to add another disillusion to you but what about these marketplace sellers?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00016POFE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid =1318120523&sr=8-2-spell&condition=new

I don't recall seeing these offers there when I originally looked... but perhaps I was simply transfixed by the tgtbt amazon price of $19. I will check it out. Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ozric
PTF Newbie

Reply #20 - 19. Oct 2011 at 02:16

Quote from brian_sever34 on 09. Oct 2011 at 01:39:

...and thanks to this tip I now proudly own a copy of In Absentia 5.1 DTS! Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
brian_sever34
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Bitheadh e mar sin!

Reply #21 - 22. Oct 2011 at 14:05

Enjoy!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print