Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
29. Jun 2017 at 13:35
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is your favourite music magazine? (Read 814 times)
Crimson_King
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Senior

What is your favourite music magazine?
20. Jan 2011 at 12:38

I am always testing and checking out new and different music magazines - and I'm talking about the American or British ones, which you can pick up in Germany here for quite a lot of money. I've enjoyed reading MOJO a couple of times, since I figured out they wouldn't really focus on "new" or "experimental" music for my taste. So I bought a copy of WIRE, which was readable, but I hadn't heard of many of the artists mentioned in there. So basically I wanted to ask you, which music mag is - in your opinion - good, varied enough, readable, enjoyable, etc.

That led me to creating this thread and asking you for your favourite music magazines. Which you - obviously - would also recommend to me.

If there has been a thread already on this topic, I'm sorry. Didn't find any via Search Engine.

View Profile   IP Logged
the fly moves sideways...
I'll get me cloak!
I've Donated!

Re: What is your favourite music magazine?
Reply #1 - 21. Jan 2011 at 21:13

Record Collector is essential for me.  Great features and loads of in depth detail from people who actually know about the music.
I have read Mojo since issue 1 but it hasn't been as interesting to me over the last couple of years.  I gave up on "Q" YEARS ago when they put the bloody Spice Girls on the cover!
Classic Rock is quite good and Classic Rock Presents Prog is GREAT if a little expensive but it's only out every 2 months or so...  (This month, our very own SW on the cover with a special feature inside...)

Wink Wink Wink

Dont ya just love British Telecom - Possibly the worst customer service I have ever encountered! 2 weeks to fix it - but it's on now...

HI EVERYBODY!!!
Email View Profile http://www.bebo.com/PaulT914   IP Logged
The Stupid Dreamer
PTF God
I've Donated!

Oh glorious
cheeseburger, we bow
to thee

Reply #2 - 23. Jan 2011 at 19:38

Classic Rock Presents Prog is *cough* cool. GBP 8 is a bit heavy though.  Roll Eyes

View Profile   IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #3 - 28. May 2011 at 17:11

I picked up a whole heap of used UK music magazines some years ago that someone had left in the rubbish compound. Of those, I was quite impressed with Uncut. Many of the articles seemed extremely heavily researched. One issue was commemorating some significant anniversary to do with David Bowie, and instead of the usual one or two page spread with all the facts you already knew about David Bowie, there were pages and pages.... his story, his discography, in-depth discussion of his albums and various styles - it just went on and on.

The mags were all from sometime in the 1990s, I have no idea whether the standard is still the same.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print