Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
18. Aug 2017 at 17:18
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Asheville, NC (Read 1657 times)
derekdanielspv
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF Newbie

Asheville, NC
22. Sep 2010 at 05:27

Just moved out here not too long ago.  The music scene out here is decent but... where are my fellow PT fans at?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
NightCreeper
PTF God

do work

Re: Asheville, NC
Reply #1 - 15. Feb 2011 at 05:57

I'm not from Asheville, nor do I live there. But I love that town and the atmosphere; seeing PT there is such a unique experience!

View Profile   IP Logged
Rushian On Ice
PTF Junior
I've Donated!

Bonnie's
"incident"

Reply #2 - 17. Feb 2011 at 03:35

Agree with Nightcreeper on this one (who I got to meet there before and after a PT show). Awesome vibe downtown. Great brewpubs, record stores and Thomas Wolfe Aud. Seeing PT there last August was fantastic! Also, you get Warren Haynes' Christmas jam and other good bands. Plus easy access to Charlotte, Greenville & Atlanta for gigs as well...

Cannot wait to go back again; hope to see you at a future PT show in your town... Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
pulse
PTF Full Member
I've Donated!

collapse the light
into earth...

Reply #3 - 22. Oct 2011 at 22:22

I've seen PT in Asheville twice. First at the Orange Peel back in 2007 and and then at the Thomas Wolfe last year; quality venues for sound quality. I hope they plan on returning. I love the scenic beauty and atmosphere around that place. One of the best and most eclectic music scenes in the eastern half of the United States. And it is for this reason I find their Moogfest to be the best music festival. This year there's Amon Tobin, Umphrey's McGee, Adrian Belew Power Trio, STS9, Tangerine Dream and so on... going to be fun.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." -- Tyrion Lannister, George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
TwoTrains
yhW?

Reply #4 - 24. Oct 2011 at 02:29

The Greyhounds (austin texas) will be playing The Grey Eagle on Clingman 12-15-11
this show is going to rule

sunlight coming through the haze
lucsam
PTF Senior

Reply #5 - 24. Oct 2011 at 14:07

Quote from pulse on 22. Oct 2011 at 22:22:
I've seen PT in Asheville twice. First at the Orange Peel back in 2007 and and then at the Thomas Wolfe last year; quality venues for sound quality. I hope they plan on returning. I love the scenic beauty and atmosphere around that place. One of the best and most eclectic music scenes in the eastern half of the United States. And it is for this reason I find their Moogfest to be the best music festival. This year there's Amon Tobin, Umphrey's McGee, Adrian Belew Power Trio, STS9, Tangerine Dream and so on... going to be fun.

Yep, Moogfest is going to be a blast. Shame that there's so much overlapping of the bands I would like to see. May have to sneak out to see Stickmen.

"You can't go about the kitchen humming the Pink Floyd"
TwoTrains
yhW?

Reply #6 - 23. Dec 2011 at 20:53

just back from hip Asheville and another fantastic visit.
went to the Moog factory downtown.

sunlight coming through the haze
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print