Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
20. Aug 2017 at 05:08
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Poll
Question: MySpace or Facebook?

MySpace  
  11 (23.4%)
Facebook  
  36 (76.5%)

Total votes: 47
« Created by: znaak on: 27. Feb 2010 at 10:25 »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MySpace or Facebook? (Read 5547 times)
Brainwashed
I'll get me cloak!

now...DECONSTRUCT!

Re: MySpace or Facebook?
Reply #25 - 05. Mar 2010 at 04:37

Quote from CutRibbon on 05. Mar 2010 at 00:32:
I think it's kinda amusing how people here (at an internet forum) is agreeing that face to face networking is the best.

Mmm delicious irony. So yummy.

View Profile   IP Logged
znaak
Topic Starter Topic Starter
I'll get me cloak!

Alla människor tog
slut

Reply #26 - 08. Mar 2010 at 07:44

I'm very disappointed how this turned out.  Sad

I never agreed to be
Your holy one
Email View Profile WWW znaak   IP Logged
polarbear
PTF Full Member

Reply #27 - 08. Mar 2010 at 14:06

If you're into discovering music by new upcoming bands, it's a no-brainer really - has to by Myspace.

View Profile   IP Logged
Arctic_Guardian
PTF Newbie

How you doin'?

Reply #28 - 12. Mar 2010 at 02:07

Quote from clouds41 on 02. Mar 2010 at 15:47:
At first it was great because I re-connected with people I have not seen since high school and even from childhood. Now I have too many postings of things I don't care about from people I once knew but will never really know again due to where life has taken me and who I have become.

exactly the same here. Started out with having tons of invites of old classmates from before I moved as a kid - Turned out to be "hey, how are you" "I'm fine" and that was it except for thousands of status stuff and wall messages and invites and whatever all this stuff is called, and facebook started to stress me out. Still liked it though, because it allowed me to easily check out pics of parties and stuff (it's really so much easier to just upload some files once instead of burning them on cd for 20 people who were at the same concert as you) and see what was going on in the evening and whatever.
Then again what made me uncomfortable was back in school when I got like 1000 invites from people that I'd spoken to once or twice or had a good time someday so I couldn't really refuse their friend requests without them being irritated about my ignorance (after all, where I live, everybody's friend with everybody on facebook if you know as much as someone's name), but I still wouldn't feel good about accepting them. I mean say the whole point for me was photo exchanging - Don't wanna have everybody I had a nice chat with once see every moment I share with my closer friends.  
And then after all there was this whole affair with facebook stating that they'd keep all your files and data loaded up there and use/trade/display/sell it without asking you for permission or informing you.  
Of course they claimed that they'd only do that for "security reasons", but I read several articles about a magazine in the US that started making portraits of random people based on their information they or their friends displayed on facebook, just to proof the point that maybe, someday, somehow, you COULD mind about other people trading and displaying your personal data, even though you may now tell yourself "I'm not a famous person, what would they want to do with my stuff anyway".
So I quit.
Or at least tried to, the funny thing about facebook is that they don't really allow you. If you want to, you gotta fill out some forms and explain why you want to leave. for every possible reason there is a box and for every box you click there is a popup, telling you that you are wrong and that your reason really isn't a reason at all and that there's no negative stuff whatsoever going on. Reminded me of some stuff I read about sects. Scary.
After all, they allow you to "deactivate" your account. However, it wasn't my wish to deactivate, but to delete it. So I sent several mails to the admins and filled out some contact form, telling them politely to take off my stuff of their servers. My friends told (and showed me) that several weeks after "deleting" my account, there was still a picture of me showing up at their start pages with the text "do you know x y?" (since I de-friended them). I sent some mails again and hoped the best.  
And I still get mails by facebook, telling that my friends miss me and I should return to be *able to stay in contact with them*, I mean, what the f**k? I recently discovered that there really IS a way to finally delete, not deactivate your facebook account, but it is (was?) only accessable via a external site (that got lawsuit threads by the facebook company for doing that).
Scary. Very Scary.

Quote from Rhythmic Delusions on 14. Mar 2010 at 23:30:
to me Dostojevsky is like the Radiohead of the literary world - I just don't see what all the fuss is about! .
Email View Profile   IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #29 - 26. Mar 2010 at 11:39

No.

View Profile   IP Logged
Elina
yhW?

Reply #30 - 01. May 2010 at 14:58

Facebook. Only few of my friends have created a profile on MySpace, so it's quite pointess for me to be there. I haven't used my MySpace account for ages.

Art is action without violence. Art changes hearts without breaking bodies.
Art is resistance.
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Rodrigo
PTF God

Reply #31 - 03. May 2010 at 06:06

I have non of them  Grin

My friends push me to get a facebook (everybody has one), but I'm not tented yet!

I think Facebook is great to maintain distant friends.

Email View Profile Rodrigo   IP Logged
drawing_the_line
PTF God

Bursting into little
streams of light

Reply #32 - 08. May 2010 at 00:09

Definitely Facebook. MySpace is overrated.

Times I've seen Porcupine Tree Live

Oct 10 2005 USA, Cincinnati: Bogart's
May 01 2010 CINCINNATI, USA: Bogart's
View Profile ripplesonthewaves MadeAgain1982 http://www.myspace.com/progrocker22   IP Logged
Placid_Eyes
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 11. May 2010 at 22:03

MySpace every time. Facebook is just like spam in your email, full of crap you don't want to know! And don't get me started on farmville Angry

IP Logged
Rodrigo
PTF God

Reply #34 - 11. May 2010 at 22:15

the social pressure was stressing me so i got a facebook at least.  Grin

myspace is ideal for art to be known, like music bands.

bloggger/blogspot for columnist and writers.

facebook/msn/twitter for comunication and friendship.

metroflog... just crap  Grin

Email View Profile Rodrigo   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print