Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
26. Jul 2017 at 07:30
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Different colour? (Read 2187 times)
BlueMoon
Topic Starter Topic Starter
yhW?

Different colour?
23. Oct 2005 at 23:13

Wouldnt it be better if this forum had a different colour?A colour that fits Deadwing maybe?Thats my suggestion...What do you guys think about that?If it is much of  a work to do  this then never mind... Smiley

Strangers passing in the street...
By chance two separate glances meet...
And I am you and what I see is me...
Email View Profile BlueMoon bluemoonprojects   IP Logged
polyphonictension
yhW?
I've Donated!

Re: Different colour?
Reply #1 - 24. Oct 2005 at 01:13

This does fit Deadwing, as it was first released on red and black vinyl.

Colors look fine to me.

" ... An epidemic in my heart, takes hold ..."
View Profile   IP Logged
MuzaKWaHFreaK
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #2 - 24. Oct 2005 at 05:23

what colour do you think it should be?  like to match the cover?  just wondering

Oh and it might be a good idea to have Transmission IV playing as background music while were all on the forum, as most of us have never heard it  Grin.  Heh just kidding but seriously it would be the best forum ever if you did  Cool (not that it isnt allready)

View Profile signify2metanoia   IP Logged
Simon
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 24. Oct 2005 at 12:50

Quote from swg0d0fmusic on 23. Oct 2005 at 23:13:
Wouldnt it be better if this forum had a different colour?A colour that fits Deadwing maybe?Thats my suggestion...What do you guys think about that?If it is much of  a work to do  this then never mind... Smiley

Mr. Labcoat and I went through several different sets of colours when we were setting the forum up and we liked these the best. They may change in the future but not at the moment I don't think.

Ultimately readability has to take precedence over colours and what may look like a good colour scheme initially becomes very tiring on the eyes after 10 - 15 minutes reading. Obviously some of you spend WAAAY more time than that on here so just remember - we're thinking of your eyes Wink

Cheers,

Simon

Carbon Nation - The Independent Porcupine Tree magazine. CN10 out now! www.carbon-nation.co.uk
View Profile WWW carbon_nation   IP Logged
BlueMoon
Topic Starter Topic Starter
yhW?

Reply #4 - 24. Oct 2005 at 21:17

Quote from MuzaKWaHFreaK on 24. Oct 2005 at 05:23:
what colour do you think it should be? like to match the cover? just wondering

Yeah...Sth like that i had in mind..But maybe Simon's right that any other colour would be tiring for the eyes.. Smiley

Strangers passing in the street...
By chance two separate glances meet...
And I am you and what I see is me...
Email View Profile BlueMoon bluemoonprojects   IP Logged
PTCB1
PTF God
I've Donated!

PBWM

Reply #5 - 01. Mar 2009 at 22:14

I forgot that I saw a really bizarre-looking car yesterday, I think it was a Toyota.  Not a terribly attractive car other than that it was dark gray and red!  In almost-equal proportions, too.  Which is not typical at all.  The shape was really hideous, though, IMO.

No one gets to their heaven without a fight. -Rush
Everybody's had to fight to be free. -Tom Petty
Fight the Good Fight (whole song) Triumph

Keep fighting and win that war, baby.
View Profile   IP Logged
IN Cambridge
I'll get me cloak!

Entropy ain't what
it used to be man!!

Reply #6 - 27. Mar 2009 at 06:23

I like this forum colour, it is distinctive and calming on the eyes Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
SkinnyPuppy91
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 29. Mar 2009 at 18:55

what about a whole different, nicer skin?

IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #8 - 29. Mar 2009 at 19:35

This forum's background colour I don't find TOO bad from a practical point of view, I just find it rather dull and depressing.

I definitely don't want a complex background with lots going on, in the manner of those all-too-common CD's with lyrics printed over a background illustration that makes the printing almost unreadable. I actually think the plain white background looks best, and if you want to put some text in colour, that shows up well against the white. Many colours don't work well against this dark grey.

I also think the banner at the top could be improved - again it's not actually BAD, but could be made more interesting with the addition of a few PT-related motifs. The yesfans.com site has an eye-catching banner in the style of the Roger Dean artwork, and that's the kind of thing I am talking about. The vortex from Voyage 34... the face from FOABP... the flare from Lightbulb Sun... those are some ideas. Or even just a headshot of the band members.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ms. Mouse
PTF God

Jaffa Mouse!

Reply #9 - 30. Mar 2009 at 05:03

I dunno if this has ever been suggested in the past but what an about having a few different skins so people have options? The people who like this one can keep this one and the people who want something different can have that too?  

I like the current colour scheme but my only nag about it is that I sometimes have problems reading the Cloaksters' usernames.  

Quote from bob_32_116 on 29. Mar 2009 at 19:35:
I also think the banner at the top could be improved - again it's not actually BAD, but could be made more interesting with the addition of a few PT-related motifs. The yesfans.com site has an eye-catching banner in the style of the Roger Dean artwork, and that's the kind of thing I am talking about. The vortex from Voyage 34... the face from FOABP... the flare from Lightbulb Sun... those are some ideas. Or even just a headshot of the band members.

That would be pretty cool but it would definitely have to match the present colour scheme so I don't think the FOABP face would work, for example. Maybe when the new album comes out and we get to see designs from that, we can come up with something if the admins like the idea.  Cheesy I would be willing to make the banner!

Behind my eyes is a rage unknown.
But you don't understand, it was all home grown.
View Profile WWW kneelanddisconnect glacial1602 internationalpopstar87   IP Logged
Mac
I'll get me cloak!

Bass Communion cures
sickness. Seriously.

Reply #10 - 07. Apr 2009 at 22:15

Bump.

Yes, when the new album art/design/alike gets released, a new colourway would be f**king awesome. I'd go with a darker theme perhaps? Like, more artsy yet darker.

"The most beautiful sound next to silence"

'Tonbänder' now out on Mrsvee http://tinyurl.com/yjdxo9p
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hasselbalch
View Profile   IP Logged
SkinnyPuppy91
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08. Apr 2009 at 14:14

Quote from Mac on 07. Apr 2009 at 22:15:
Bump.

Yes, when the new album art/design/alike gets released, a new colourway would be f**king awesome. I'd go with a darker theme perhaps? Like, more artsy yet darker.

agreed =]

IP Logged
bob_32_116
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #12 - 08. Apr 2009 at 20:19

Bump.

What's a "colourway"?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ms. Mouse
PTF God

Jaffa Mouse!

Reply #13 - 09. Apr 2009 at 00:32

Quote from bob_32_116 on 08. Apr 2009 at 20:19:
Bump.

What's a "colourway"?

I think he might mean colour scheme or template.

Behind my eyes is a rage unknown.
But you don't understand, it was all home grown.
View Profile WWW kneelanddisconnect glacial1602 internationalpopstar87   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print