Porcupine Tree Logo Welcome to the Porcupine Tree Forum 1.0 Archive! This is a read-only archive of the PTF 1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
24. Jun 2017 at 02:55
Home Help Rules Search Login
RSS News Feed

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
GA, AL (Read 6051 times)
darkmoon1974
Topic Starter Topic Starter
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

GA, AL
25. Jun 2005 at 22:18

Hey all from Georgia and Alabama!!!!!   Who are you are and what part?  Me, I'm Brandon and live 1 hour away from birmingham and 1 hour 15 mins from Atlanta. I was at the Atlanta show and it was kick ass!!!!!  I am a CPT street team member and would love to share PT music and stories from all.

You know those people that are not like anybody else? Well, I'm a lot like them.
Email View Profile   IP Logged
IKONOS
PTF Full Member

RETRO HEAD

Re: GA, AL
Reply #1 - 27. Jun 2005 at 12:34

Hey darkmoon!

Why leave out South Carolina? That's where I travelled from in order to see PTree in Atlanta! Wasn't a bad trip at all; roughly about 3 hours, but was nicely broken up by a stop-off in Greenville.

The show in Atlanta was absolutely superb! Except for one thing... the heat! I don't what in the HELL the fine folks at The Roxy were thinking, but a little air-conditioning would've indeed made it a bit more pleasant.  

Hopefully we'll get the chance to travel back to Atlanta to see them in October(?) and it be a bit cooler, huh?

View Profile 11349471   IP Logged
darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #2 - 27. Jun 2005 at 17:21

Sorry to leave it out......wasnt thinking right..... It WAS hot as hell.....dont know where you were in the theatre but as John Wesley was doing his set, a guy passed out twice next to us. And, if John Wesley hadnt gave us his water while he was playing I dont know what we would have done.....I thought after waiting in the line outside  that we would get into a cool  building, but after folks started packing in I felt like I was in a sauna. Did you happen to stick around after the show?

You know those people that are not like anybody else? Well, I'm a lot like them.
IKONOS
PTF Full Member

RETRO HEAD

Reply #3 - 28. Jun 2005 at 00:07

No... only stuck around for about 15 minutes after it ended. My Brother and his wife (and myself) were all exhausted and felt like we were about to pass out as well, so we headed for the door and the closest Molson Canadian! We had one guy over on our side that kept leaning over like he was getting ready to go... I'm really surprised he made it though.

We were standing almost in front of SW (sort of in betwen him and Colin) about 4-5 people from the stage... awesome view - very loud!!!

Have to say, it was the greatest show I've ever seen (heard) despite the heat!

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #4 - 28. Jun 2005 at 03:24

We were right in front of John. I remember a lady threw some panties at him!!!! And the sound guy hung them from a guitar!!!!  Funny stuff........

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #5 - 30. Jul 2005 at 04:16

OK its time again!!!!!!  Atlanta here we come!  The Masquerade has no idea of the great music that will happen on this night of Procupine Tree.  How many of you plan to go?

IKONOS
PTF Full Member

RETRO HEAD

Reply #6 - 30. Jul 2005 at 19:06

I (along with my brother) will be there yet again! Can't wait!

ACF
yhW?

Reply #7 - 01. Aug 2005 at 17:17

I live in Atlanta and will be there barring some sort of catastrophe!

View Profile   IP Logged
Shadowfax
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #8 - 08. Aug 2005 at 17:50

I also live in Atlanta.  I will be at the show in September--in the front of the line again  Grin

Hopefully bringing lots more people this time.  I think I'm just going to buy 2 or 3 tickets and give them out to friends for free just to get them there.

View Profile Shadowfax 4007574 shadowfax_04 Shadowfax 04   IP Logged
sideline
PTF Senior

Reply #9 - 11. Aug 2005 at 21:00

Quote from Shadowfax on 08. Aug 2005 at 17:50:
I also live in Atlanta. I will be at the show in September--in the front of the line again Grin

Hopefully bringing lots more people this time. I think I'm just going to buy 2 or 3 tickets and give them out to friends for free just to get them there.

That's very nice of you. Not only will these lucky people be blown away by PT, they'll get blown away in the front row!

Last time I treated my friends to a concert, they got to know each other and ended up getting married!  Smiley.  Who knows what may happen this time!

U.S. economic theory is based on one simple premise:

Wealth management through debt. Wink
View Profile   IP Logged
Advent
PTF Newbie

Reply #10 - 06. Jul 2006 at 07:21

this thread is so old. but yeah i live in huntsville alabama. i wonder if anyone reads this...

IKONOS
PTF Full Member

RETRO HEAD

Reply #11 - 06. Jul 2006 at 12:35

I'm reading it... now that it's been brought back from the dead!  Smiley

Welcome! ... and I'm still in South Carolina... just in case you're wondering.  Smiley

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #12 - 07. Jul 2006 at 03:30

Still in the Alabama/Georgia area......

Shadowfax
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #13 - 07. Jul 2006 at 04:19

Ditto.  Going to be in Atlanta for a long while I suspect.

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #14 - 09. Jul 2006 at 23:35

Atlanta.......What a great place to buy vinyl......

Guernica
PTF Junior

Reply #15 - 17. Jul 2006 at 19:27

Hiya all, new here, glad to see some of my fellow Georgians are into PT!  I'm in Athens BTW.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #16 - 18. Jul 2006 at 00:42

Suppose you saw them at the Forty Watt Club for the IA tour there say, about in '03?  Twas a great show.

Shadowfax
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #17 - 18. Jul 2006 at 05:15

I forget, who's in charge of the Street Team down here in Atlanta?  I definitely want to help get out there doing some work to promote the DVD and the new record (when they come out)

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #18 - 18. Jul 2006 at 07:28

Myself and another gent.  Not quite sure yet on the DVD promo activity here since a show isnt being played, but the release of the DVD may stir something up and I am sure the new release will fire it up full stream.
I am also the ST Cpt. for Blackfield , but no word yet on any promo stuff.

Shadowfax
I'll get me cloak!

Reply #19 - 18. Jul 2006 at 14:03

The DVD should definitely be promoted some, even if there isn't a show....  Still a chance to bring in more fans!

Guernica
PTF Junior

Reply #20 - 19. Jul 2006 at 20:15

Quote from darkmoon1974 on 18. Jul 2006 at 00:42:
Suppose you saw them at the Forty Watt Club for the IA tour there say, about in '03? Twas a great show.

Unfortunately not. Sad  I'm a "new" newbie & didn't really get into PT until late 2005.  I'd give anything to have been at that show!

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

Reply #21 - 19. Jul 2006 at 20:57

Not a big crowd, not like it was at the Roxy and the Masq. Even had a chance to chat with Mr. Wilson at the record shop next to the club(40 Watt). Very nice night that was.

Guernica
PTF Junior

Reply #22 - 19. Jul 2006 at 21:28

Must have been just awesome!!  Very jealous.  And BTW that record store's not there any more.  Sad

darkmoon1974
PTF God

Mother and kid
divided

!
Reply #23 - 20. Jul 2006 at 02:34

What!?!?!?!  I was planning to go there a few weeks from now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN!!!!

Guernica
PTF Junior

Reply #24 - 20. Jul 2006 at 19:56

Nope, closed a couple of months ago, sorry.  Wuxtry and Schoolkids (downtown) are still around.  LoYoYo Stuff (the one you mean, which was in the 40 Watt building and open LATE!) is in the process of relocating to Atlanta.  Believe me, we miss it.   embarrassed

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print